From Wine Agent
About the Wine Agent
The TW Wine Agent represents the next generation of the KSL Wine Agent (http://ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm/webont/wineAgent/ ). It uses an updated version of the wine ontology (http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/PR-owl-guide-20031209/wine) , which was was originally made available through an early paper on description logics .
- Semantic Technologies are enabling a new generation of web-based agents, capable of handling increasingly complex tasks.
- Community-based involvement will increase richness of information on the semantic web, as well as its number of users/contributors.
What the Wine Agent Does
- Recommend wines by aggregating relevant opinions, derived from a user-driven recommendation wiki
- Provide detailed explanations of why certain wines were recommended
- Allow users to filter wine listings, based on semantically complex requests
 Eric Hsu, and Deborah L. McGuinness. KSL Wine Agent: A Semantic Web Testbed Application, Proceedings of the 2003 International Workshop on Description Logics (DL2003). Rome, Italy, September 5-7, 2003. (Abstract)
 Natalya F. Noy and Deborah L. McGuinness. Ontology Development 101: A Guide to Creating Your First Ontology. Stanford Knowledge Systems, AI Laboratory Technical Report KSL-01-05 and Stanford Medical Informatics Technical Report SMI-2001-0880, March 2001. (Abstract)
 Michael K. Smith, Chris Welty, and Deborah L. McGuinness. OWL Web Ontology Language Guide. World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Recommendation. February 10, 2004. Available from OWL Guide.
 Ronald J. Brachman, Alex Borgida, Deborah L. McGuinness, Peter F. Patel-Schneider, and Lori Alperin Resnick. Living with CLASSIC: When and How to Use a KL-ONE-Like Language. In Principles of Semantic Networks: Explorations in the representation of knowledge, Morgan Kaufmann, 1991, pages 401--456. (Abstract) (PS)